SHARED CAMPUS (ONLINE) SUMMER SCHOOLS 2022
We are very pleased to announce this year’s international Shared Campus Summer Schools. We strongly believe that the Summer Schools are highly relevant and present an excellent chance for you to collaborate digitally with participants from other cultures and disciplines as part of LASALLE's exciting international Shared Campus cooperation. Participants have the opportunity to gain experience in practical artistic and creative collaboration with colleagues from different arts disciplines and cultural backgrounds. An international team of lecturers will accompany the participants in their explorations. The summer schools are cross-disciplinary and open to undergraduate and post-graduate participants from all departments. There is no course fee for LASALLE students.
2022 Shared Campus Summer Schools:
Cross-cultural cooperation is more important than ever! Direct exchange with international artists and designers is fundamental to understanding global contexts and to dealing with different perspectives and lifeworlds.
Shared Campus (SC) is an alliance between 14 higher arts institutions from Europe and Asia that offers international educational formats and research networks in close cooperation. The interdisciplinary SC summer schools are open for all students of the partner institutions and address important global issues in diverse formats, whether online or on-site in London, Zurich, Athens or Bangkok. See below for a brief overview of the offerings, as well as the links to the call for registration.
Link: Call for Application
Application Deadline: 25 April 2022
Information Events: Click to read more
15.03.2022 - 1st Summer School Information event
19:00 – 20:00 Singapore Time
04.04.2022 - 2nd Summer School Information event
18:00 – 19:00 Singapore Time
Access Link: https://zhdk.zoom.us/j/
Short Description Shared Campus Summer Schools 2021
- Food for the Future - Cooking, Eating and Hospitality 27 June - 15 July 2022, online Crafting Cooking, eating and hospitality, founded on principles of sharing, bear a transformative social design potential approached in this summer school. Drawing on shared campus ethos of interculturality, participants will explore themes of food, crafting, preparation, hosting, hospitality and choreography of the meal as a social design act and cultural expression. Call for Application:HERE
- Commoning Curatorial and Artistic Education 23 June – 7 July 2022, Kassel and online The two-week-long Summer School "Commoning Curatorial and Artistic Education" in Kassel, Germany, as part of documenta fifteen’s educational format “CAMP notes on education” is dedicated to PhD programmes and students of the involved Shared Campus universities. Experiences on practice and theory will be shared and discussed in open and experiential workshop formats, performance, exercises with and in the city, “diversity dinners” and through a variety of events and public talks. Call for Application: HERE
- Remote Guide to Extractivism 5 – 16 July 2022, Melbourne, Taipei, Athens Extractivism describes an economy that has an enormous impact on environmental and social systems and rarely delivers the benefits it promises. The summer school “Remote Guide to Extractivism” will place students in multiple sites of extractivism across the world over the course of 2 weeks to investigate and map processes occurring simultaneously in the past, present, and future. Call for Application: HERE
- History Reviewed. We Can’t Forget How to Move. 18 – 31 July 2022, Bangkok In 1999, landmark exhibition Cities on the Move toured to Bangkok unfolding the millennial global art development. The whole world has shifted now and this summer school aims to review this recent past in a Thai context as a case study in order to reconsider our position today, perhaps for our future moves. Call for Application: HERE
- Rivers. Jugular Veins of Empire 08 – 26 August 2022, London + Online This summer school uses the River Thames and other bodies of water as a departure point for a decolonised reimagining of our cities and their potential futures. It will be participatory and generative, culminating in an exhibition/presentation that explores how socially-engaged-art practices provoke awareness of our cities and their connections. Call for Application: HERE
- Hacking Global Pop Icons 15 August – 3 September 2022, Zurich Hacking Global Pop Icons is a practice-based three-week summer school. It will explore the relationship between global pop cultures and local identities through examining the political, social, technological and historical dimensions of (mass) production and reception. A global pop icon serves as the common starting point for cultural analysis and for the transdisciplinary production of new works seeking to deconstruct, remix and expand the influence of the chosen icon. The overarching theme for 2022 is "Real Fake / Fake Realness". Call for Application: HERE
- Teleprovisation - Interdisciplinary Telematic Improvisation 22 - 31 August 2022 Singapore, Trondheim, Zurich Teleprovisation Summer School is a 10 days interdisciplinary course where students will learn about methods, strategies, and aesthetics in telematic simultaneous performances.Students will explore methods of improvisation, collaborate between four remote locations (Singapore, Trondheim, Zurich) and create a synchronous performance split between 3 stages across 2 time zones. Call for Application: HERE
Shared Campus is a cooperation platform for international education formats, research networks and joint productions launched by seven arts institutions. Shared Campus establishes connections that generate value for students, academics and professionals, and enables participants to share knowledge and competencies across borders and disciplines. The platform is designed around internationally relevant themes focusing on transcultural issues and cross-disciplinary collaboration. Shared Campus launched its first activities in 2019 with various education formats and research initiatives.
Shared Campus Partner Institutions:
· City University of Hong Kong, School of Creative Media
· Hong Kong Baptist University
· Kyoto Seika University
· LASALLE College of the Arts Singapore
· Taipei National University of the Arts
· Tokyo University of the Arts
· University of the Arts London
· Zurich University of the Arts
· Amsterdam University of the Arts
· École des beaux-arts de Paris
· Monash University
· Tokyo University of the Arts
· University of Siegen
· University of the Arts Utrecht
Please visit our website for more information on Shared Campus: www.shared-campus.com
Greetings from the Division of Student Administration.